May 27, 2012

Insta-reflecting: May

I have totally jumped on the Instagram bandwagon. It's a bandwagon that is hardly new. iPhone users everywhere had been snapping photos with it for years by the time I downloaded the app. Being that I am an Android, not iPhone user, I was blocked out of the Instagram fun for quite some time. However, as soon as the app became available, I downloaded it.

I've been playing around with it since April - April 9 to be exact. That day also is the day that Instagram announced it was being bought out by Facebook. Coincidence? I think not. You are welcome Instagram.

While I still ultimately prefer my fancy Nikon DSLRs, they are a little cumbersome to carry with me at all times. My phone, however, is always by my side. As a result, in the short time I've had this app, I've fallen in love with it's ease of use and the ability to turn ordinary phone snapshots into something a little more unique. It's become a great way for me to document my everyday life, and now also, a great way to share my everyday life via my blog. I present to you, my first installment of Insta-Reflecting: May Edition.

May Instagram 2
May Instagram 7
May Instagram 10
May Instagram 8
May Instagram 9
May Instagram 6
May Instagram 5
May Instagram 4
May Instagram 1
May Instagram 3
May Instagram 11
- May - 
- Haircut - Taylor gets a pool and a pretty steady girlfriend, Chloe - Spotted a baby deer while on a walk in the Cook County Forest Preserve - NATO Summit - Memorial Day BBQs with pasta salad and margaritas - Hail storm - Graffiti on the El - Beautiful days and wandering downtown on my lunch hour - PRC Art Show (My print hangs in a gallery!) - Our roses bloomed -

That last photo I admit did not make it onto Instagram, but I love it so much that I had to share it. I took it on my way home one night after hanging out with my co-workers for an extended Happy Hour. I've said it many times, but I still believe I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.  Thankfully, Instagram and I are capturing more of it nowadays.

If you'd like to follow me on Instagram, you can find me @amysayre.

No comments: