January 27, 2012

NYC With My Nikon

I am sitting at O'Hare airport waiting to board my flight to New York City. It's 6 a.m. I got up at 4:45.
I am travelling solo on this trip, and while I will miss Mike terribly, I am excited about the companion I will have in tow: my camera.
The truth is that I have been doubting my photography skills as of late. I feel like I'm doing it all wrong. And while I know that is irrational, that is how I feel.
So I am using this weekend to bond with my camera, to reaquaint myself with its quirks, to find its sweet spots. The great thing is that aside from an opera at The Met tonight (!!!) and a dinner tomorrow night, my time is my own. I can go where I want to go and see what I want to see and no one is going to tell me differently. With a backdrop as inspiring as NYC, I am thinking my camera and I will be fast friends again in no time.

No comments: