November 6, 2006

MySpace is the Devil

Things I planned to accomplish tonight and the reasons why:

1.) Work out - I am on a health kick right now, and the second I let my motivation slip my kick may disappear for a very, very long time.
2.) Do my dishes - If I didn’t do my dishes bad things would happen. Like A) they would start to smell, and B) I would not have a clean knife to spread cream cheese on my bagel tomorrow morning.
3.) Cook dinner - I didn’t want to eat out for lunch tomorrow, and I also didn’t want to bring the same lunch I had today. To curb this from happening, I knew I had to make dinner tonight. (Side note - my lunch today consisted of a banana, Wasabi peas, hummus, carrots, pita bread, a soft pretzel with cheddar cheese, Colby jack cheese and yogurt. I did not eat this all in one sitting, but rather snacked on it throughout the day. I don’t eat full meals. I snack every two hours. I'm like an infant, really.)
4.) Watch “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” - I don’t know how I initially got hooked on this show, but I am. It’s on Monday nights at 9 p.m., so I had to watch it.
5.) Update my blog - I felt like such a slacker these past few weeks so, I’m trying to make up for lost time. Is it working?
6.) Be in bed by 10:30 p.m. - I keep waking up later and later every morning, mainly because my bedtime keeps getting later and later. I’m trying the whole 'early to bed, early to rise' concept.

I am proud to say I accomplished everything on my list tonight, with the exception of my bedtime. It’s going on 11:30 right now and I think it will be close to midnight by the time I actually fall asleep. Now why you ask? The answer is simple. It's hard to quit MySpace.

I signed on to my MySpace account to quickly post a few comments and 45 minutes later I found myself emailing people I haven’t talked to in years. And you know why, because once you start, it’s hard to stop. Those of you who have MySpace accounts understand how entire blocks of a day can suddenly be eaten up searching for the kid who used to sit next to you in fourth grade. Because honestly, what better time to find out if he or she's gotten fat or had five kids than 11 p.m. on a Monday night?

And if you don't understand this at all, be very, very glad. MySpace is like smoking. If you never start you won't get addicted. Granted MySpace won't kill you, but I can guarantee you will be a whole lot better off for having tried it. Case and point... I'll be lucky if I don't hit my snooze five times tomorrow morning.

Damn you, MySpace. I curse you! (Just please don't leave me.)

No comments: