January 23, 2007
Mi Gato Favorito
My little man Oscar and I have been living together for about two weeks now. It’s enough time to have picked up on some of Oscar’s personality and quirks. Here’s what I’ve learned about Oscar thus far:
• He is a morning cat. Oscar’s up by 5 a.m. and raring to play, while my alarm does not go off until 6:30 a.m. at the earliest. Something to note, I am not a morning person.
• When he does sleep, his favorite place is by my head.
• He has a stick with some ribbons duct-taped on the end of it that is his world. It is the only thing that seems to appease him at all times. Were this stick to disappear, I am pretty sure he wouldn’t know how to function.
• He can do several back flips in a row when chasing this stick.
• He is obsessed with running water. If he’s not pacing back and forth in my apartment then I can generally find him sitting in my bathroom sink staring at the right faucet that drips ever so slightly. The latest is that he slips in between the shower curtain and liner while I’m showering and watches the water run toward the drain.
• When I am gone for too long, he chews on my welcome mat.
• I have to devote play time to him both in the morning and at night otherwise he makes my life miserable.
• He can go through a small bag of cat food in about two weeks.
• His purr is now one of my favorite sounds.
• After only two weeks of living with him, it’s hard to remember what I did before he was here.