February 9, 2009

Close Call

I can't think of anything to write, so this photo is a bit of filler.

It's from my few days off at the end of last year. Those glorious two days where I got to do whatever I wanted while most people were working. Isn't there just something so sweet about not being at work on a day when most people are?

This was taken the day I did my downtown wandering and is part of the set that includes my Millennium Park photos. I took this shot at the end of the day while waiting for the el to take me home. This shot also happened just before I got on the train and realized I had lost my iPod.

I was standing on the platform and could see a train coming in the distance, so I composed my shot and waited for it to get close enough. The problem was the objects-are-closer-than-they-appear effect of my lens. The train seemed it was getting close enough, but every time I put the camera to my eye it looked tiny. Needless to say, I took this shot at the very moment my life started to flash before my eyes.

I also should say that Chicago isn't really that neon blue and red. I saturated and exaggerated the colors a bit. It helped that the distinguished red of the CNA building served as the main backdrop. I liked the resulting, exaggerated image because it looks a little more circus-y than the original. And honestly, some days these parts do feel a little circus-like.

3 comments:

SavvyFitChica said...

LOVE IT!

Absolutely love it.

hopefully I will have that on my wall someday... when I actually decorate a place where I live.

I hope I have a big house, because I have a lot of your photos that I need to find space for...

Alexis said...

I can't believe you took this photo, if I hadn't read your post I woulda thought you nabbed it illegally from some hot shot photographer's website. you are that hot shot baby!

Mocha said...

I don't care what you did to that photo. It's beautiful and should be framed.