May 10, 2009

Bloody SOBs

So much for impressing my dentist with my oral hygiene. I saw her yesterday and will be going back in a few weeks to have some non-cavities filled in. She didn't say they were cavities so I'm not either. They're like pre-cavities. Small and cavity-like, but not cavities. But I'm pretty sure filing them will be pretty much like filling a cavity.

Oh, and my gums still bled like SOBs. To add insult to bloody injury, I was reminded by the hygienist who cleaned my teeth just how old I am. My bloody gums gave me away. Because you know, I am not getting any younger and "once you hit 30 your body just doesn't take care of itself the way it used to, including your gums. So the sooner you start flossing regularly the less problems you'll run into in the future." I'm paraphrasing. But the gist of it was, "You are old. Start flossing unless you want dentures by the time you're 40...which really isn't all that far away grandma."

In short, it was not the greatest trip to the dentist. But honestly, I still absolutely love my dentist. I kind of want to be her best friend. I might even have a bit of a girl crush on her. So really, I'm not all that upset I'll be going back in June to get my non-cavities filled. I just hope we don't have to talk about my age again.

2 comments:

SavvyFitChica said...

I don't get it. I guess some ppl are just blessed w/ easy teeth and others aren't. I'm sorry but I think you're in the latter category it sounds like.

I have some copies of "The L Word" on DVD if you want to borrow them...

lol

Kelsalynn

Dorrie said...

30 year old gums. huh. who knew that's what my problem was? i am now going to blame all things crappy on my 30 year old gums. i like it. thanks!