July 6, 2009

Voyeur

Sunday was a beautiful day, so I started doing the thing I do on Sunday afternoons. My mind kept telling me I had spent way too much time indoors. I needed to get out and after going a little stir crazy, I told Mike "I need to get out of here." He agreed. All my pacing was driving him nuts. He asked what I was going to do. "I'm going on a bike ride." "Where," he asked. "I don't know but I got to get out of here." So I did.

I hopped on my bike and pedaled to the lake shore path - which is honestly one of the best things about living in the city during the summer. I went north. I went as far north as I could go, and I wound up on this beach.

I don't know the name of this beach. I had never been there, didn't even know it existed. I am one of the few because I can tell you it was a pretty popular destination Sunday afternoon. While sitting by the sand, soaking up the sun, my sister called. We talked for about an hour before I made my way back to my bike.

I rode again, this time heading south, even past the street that would take me home. This time, I wound up at a sizable skate park.

I tried not to seem like the random, crazy lady with a camera, but dude, I totally was. I couldn't help it. I wanted to take pictures there. The skaters were an interesting bunch to shoot, the park was full of good angles and I like getting practice with fast moving subjects. And they were fast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Again, fantastic shots. I'll go up to the skatepark with you sometime if you want some company.

Dorrie said...

So... I know I've said this before - but will you go ahead and be a professional photographer already!?!?