May 19, 2010

Calmer

It's over. My first wedding is done.

The night of the wedding when I got home and was laying in bed I couldn't stop thinking about it. I did the thing that I always do after a shoot. I analyzed the day and determined what I did wrong, what I should have done better and convinced myself that I'd be lucky if I got one good shot. Yes, these thoughts (and a splitting headache) woke me up at 4 a.m. and would not stop circling my brain. The next night was better, but I still couldn't stop the thoughts completely.


It's four days after the fact now, and I've come around. The cool, even-headed Amy has prevailed, and I'm pretty sure I did a good job. Are there some things I would have done differently? Yes. Did everything turn out perfectly? No. But do I think I did a good job? Hell yes. And I'll be proud to share these photos with the bride once they are ready.

And now my brain is as calm and peaceful as these photos I took at my parent's lake house. It was the perfect place to relax after shooting my first wedding.


Wedding pictures are forth coming, but editing will take a little longer than usual this time. I promise, I'll share though. I always do.

1 comment:

SavvyFitChica said...

Oh! this post was like a tease! I've been waiting for you to update so I could see pics then you say "pics will come soon." DOH!

I can't wait to see them! I'm glad it's over for you now...