October 15, 2010

Picture Perfect

As my little business grows I find myself constantly having to make decisions about how much to let it grow. One of those decisions came in the form of having somewhere more professional to display my work than Flickr. Sure, Flickr is nice, and I actually use it to upload most every photo that goes on this blog. But I also didn't like how public and unprofessional it felt.

I started toying with the idea a while ago about selling some of my travel photos on Etsy. And while I do think Etsy is a great place to do that, logistically it just didn't make sense for me. I'd still need to find someone to print my photos and then find an easy way to ship them.

Enter Zenfolio. I now have a print site that is hosted by Zenfolio.

The beauty of Zenfolio is that I can upload and display my photos, but I can also sell professional, high quality prints from it. I've started using it as a way for my clients to preview their photos online. And yesterday, I got my very first ever print order from it. That was thrilling to say the least. I have officially sold prints! It also allows me to change the settings so people can download their photos directly from my site. This has made the single biggest difference in my little business because I don't burn CDs anymore (I hate CDs), and I no longer have to wait in line at the post office to mail out CDs (I hate the post office).

I also like Zenfolio because it give me a platform to sell prints of my non-photo shoot photos. The stuff I snap here and there that catches my eye. That used to be the only type of photography I posted on this blog, but my how times have changed. I still take those types of photos, and I still want to share them. I hope to start posting them more regularly on my print site, and when I do, I'll let you know. But what you could do to help me out is let me know if I'm missing anything. I put my favorites in the art prints section of my Zenfolio site, but I know I'm missing some. So if you have ever seen a photo on this site that you would like to see on my print site, let me know in the comments. And if you think you might want to purchase any of my prints, let me know. I might have a little discount code for you. Yeah, my print site does that too.

So without further ado, please go check out my print site, found here.

I took the following photo a Galen and Kristin's wedding. It's currently the desktop photo on my laptop, and guess what? It's going on my print site.

1 comment:

SavvyFitChica said...

the website looks great... Very cool on your 1st order!

I think your next step should be to make a facebook page just for "Amy Sayre Photography."