December 24, 2008

Silent Night at Home

I am sitting on the couch right now wrapped in a blanket. In the apartment, there's a soft glow from my mini-Christmas tree and my laptop. Mike's watching ESPN, and I'm putting off packing right now. Hence, this post.

We were supposed to be on our way to Michigan right now. The forecast, however, scared us in for one more night. The thought of fighting traffic on Christmas Eve all the way to Michigan while driving through a wintry mix was too much. It made sense to wait it out one more night.
Waiting comes at the expense of one of my favorite Christmas traditions, though. My sister and her family attend a beautiful, old church in Detroit, and it holds an absolutely lovely Christmas Eve service. I look forward to attending this service as a staple of my holiday traditions. Nothing puts me in the Christmas spirit more than ending the service by singing Silent Night with candle in hand. It warms my soul.

This year though, there won't be any of that. I'll have to settle for the glow of my few decorations and a silent night at home.
Happy Holidays to you all. I wish you the happiest of holiday celebrations.
I'll be in Michigan through Sunday and off work Monday and Tuesday. Expect some posts then of my holiday hi jinks.

1 comment:

SavvyFitChica said...

I hope you made it to Michigan okay, I heard they got hit with some ice storm today or late last night. I hope you got there safe and are enjoying your time with family.