August 11, 2009

UNbeLIEVABLE

I was in GNC with Mike the other day. While he was getting some vitamins I was browsing the women's wellness section. It had vitamins and pills and liquids to cure and speed up all kinds of things. Most bottles I noticed displayed the following clause on their label:
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

The most unbelievable - a pill that could help its taker become more flexible. A pill that makes you flexible? I was skeptical to say the least. It's a part of GNC's WELLbeING line. A line geared towards women as evidenced by its packaging and pills. (be-HOT? be-FULFILLED? be-ENHANCED? Really GNC?)

When one of the employees asked if I had any question, I held the bottle of be-FLEXIBLE and asked, "So exactly how does this work?" His answer was a whole of lot fumbling for words that eventually lead to him admitting that yeah, he wasn't so sure about those pills. He also admitted he doesn't really sell a lot of be-FLEXIBLE.

However, if GNC had a pill for sale there called be-MOTIVATED or be-AT THE GYM MORE or GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF be-D, I might have bought it. I haven't worked out in a couple weeks now. I took the week off for Jenny's wedding (mainly because I was in Michigan), and then took the following week off the gym as I allowed myself to get back into the swing of things. That means this week I should be working out. Only I'm not. I haven't. I've told myself I was going to the gym three days in a row now. I even got out my gym clothes, packed my gym bag. And yet this morning, I laid in bed chanting to myself as my alarm went off repeatedly I have to get out of bed I have to get out of bed I have to get out of bed. I did. At 8 a.m. Far too late to cram in a workout.

I just can't seem to find my motivation. It ran away during my two week absence and has yet to return. I hope it does soon otherwise I'm sure my mystery five pounds (and then some) are going to reappear any day now on my midsection. Let's hope before they do, I'm back at it at the gym. I know one thing for sure - my motivation has to come from within. Unless GNC's working on bottling it in capsule form as I write.

UPDATED the following morning to add: I totally went to the gym this morning. Yeah me.

1 comment:

SavvyFitChica said...

Most solutions can't be found in a bottle- whether it's flexibility or motivation.

I'm sorry you haven't made it to the gym. The first time back is always the most difficult. Once you make it just one time, you realize it's not so bad and it's easier to go back after that. You just have to get over the hump. And you will. Someday. :)