October 5, 2009

Verbal Diarrhea

These are the thoughts that have been circling my mind as of late. I can't get beyond them to put up anything decent on my blog, so I'm hoping that if I just put them out there I can mentally move on.

In no particular order:

Our tub may never drain regularly again. My hair is no match for our drain. It's no match for a lot of drains. It's a shame because I don't like taking showers in standing water.

I've got a photo shoot coming up in two weekends. I'm excited for it but incredibly nervous for the weather. If it snows, which it very well could, I have no back up plan. And my friend is driving from Wisconsin.

My home would be so much cleaner without cats. And I'd never have to wake up to whiny meows. I hate waking up to whiny meows.

I haven't played my violin since the wedding. I am afraid with nothing to work for, I'm going to let my skills skip. I need to stop being so lazy.

Speaking of being lazy, I wonder if I will every find a workout routine I will actually stick with. I'm having a hard time waking up in the mornings, but I can't bring myself to go at night. Turns out I like my daily routine sans gym. I however do not like my waistline sans gym. I do not know how to reconcile these two facts.

Mike's birthday is in two days. I hope he likes his presents. I always stress about getting presents people will actually like. He'll like them. I think. I hope.

I make some darn good lemon poppy seed bread. Two weekends ago, I found some poppy seeds in my and Mike's spices cupboard. I say cupboard and not rack because we have way too many spices. They take up a cupboard, and I'm constantly amazed at the random spices I find in there. Last weekend, I found lemon peel in our spill over spice cupboard (yes, it's that bad). I now feel compelled to make lemon poppy seed bread until these spices are gone. One batch down, dozens to go.

I am voluntarily watching Monday night football. And I enjoy it. This is new.

I went for a walk on Sunday afternoon to a nearby neighborhood for shopping and some photos. I bought a necklace and a bracelet but did not take any photos. This is the second time in the past few weeks I've done this. Everything I read about becoming a better photographer says you need to shoot, shoot, shoot. I know this and yet apparently don't actually follow this advice. Photos should take priority over accessorizing.

Mike's been sick for a little over a week now. I never caught what he had, but I've been much more tired that normal. And I've got a headache. I've had it since yesterday when I ran into the back hatch of Mike's car with my noggin. Be that a lesson to you all: when walking around to the back of a car, make sure the hatch of the car has gone all the way up before rounding the corner.

I may go to bed now. It will alleviate at least two of my concerns - my sleepiness and my headache. Sadly though, it means I'll be waking up to whiny cats in no time at all.

So tell me, what's been on your mind lately?

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love this post! Sometimes, you just need to let it out there so you can stop thinking about it! Awesome!

I have the same hair in the drain issue and pet hair issue - also, the obnoxious 7 a.m. cat. I feel your "pain".

SavvyFitChica said...

I remember your hair--I may even have a picture of it somewhere from when I pulled a massive glob about of the drain.

I would totally have a cleaner house if we didn't have pets and I remind them of this daily---they don't seem to care. And yes, Jo-Jo (little shit) wakes us up at 6 am every weekend day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE! So, what did you get him?

Get a fantasy team next year, you'll really love football then. I'm obsessed!