November 19, 2009

Oh, The Humanity

My hatred for inflatable lawn ornaments has been well documented on this blog. If you have known me for any length of time, particularly from November to December, you know I think the inflatable lawn ornament is quite possibly the worst invention to ever grace this earth.

So it brings me great sadness to say the following. I received an email from my friend Kristin this morning. She's currently living my dream life on the beaches of Australia. However, even paradise has its faults. Kristin said she has spotted inflatables in Australia. AUSTRALIA! My worst fears have come true. Inflatable lawn ornaments are truly taking over the world. And if the world does end in 2012 as Hollywood and The History Channel would have you believe, it won't be from massive earthquakes, meteors or hell fire from above. It will be because the inflatables have finally won.

4 comments:

SavvyFitChica said...

I 2nd your hatred for lawn ornaments.

I just now saw your comment on my test blog. Obviously I barely use it. I created it b/c I was trying to use the templates from the website you're using-ourbloggertemplates, but I can't figure it out. It's not letting me download the template.

Dorrie said...

Have you seen the inflatables that MOVE yet??? =) You would just love those to pieces...

SavvyFitChica said...

What would you think if I used one of your pictures for my header on my blog?

Not even sure which one yet, it's more of an idea than anything. Of course, I'd give you credit (put your name somewhere w/ a link).

I'd also have to figure out how to resize it to 900 pixels width or whatever it needs to be for my layout, but like I said, just an idea at this point.

LMK

Kristin said...

oh, how I wish I had my camera with me the other day...the picture I could have shared with you would have been priceless. It would have been a scene out of your personal nightmare; picture a large warehouse type store with blow up lawn ornaments crowded around the entrance of the store seemingly waiting to scare/envelop/take-down the next customer who dared to walk through the doors. Of course there was one wrangled up on the roof of the store... that seems to be the popular way for the commercial establishments to display them. Thankfully I have not seen one actually in a lawn here yet....